Sunday, August 2, 2009

Killing summer heat in Seoul…

IMG_8426

South Korea has four distinct seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. Right now we are in the middle of the summer with temperatures soaring up to 30 C or 86 F, though the humidity makes it feel way hotter.  There are also quite a few days when we suddenly get thunder showers with heavy rains, so it is quite wise to carry your umbrella along with you. Anyway, here is my personal favorite for the best method to beat the summer heat.

IMG_8386

The water fountains made by the Seoul Metropolitan Government that are found all over the city . It has been a few months since this one in Nakseongdae 낙성대 opened up, but today was the first time my parents let me play in the water. We had gone fully equipped with a towel and an extra set of clothes for me to change into afterwards.

IMG_8385

At first, I was a bit hesitant and watched the  bigger kids having all the fun.  Most of them were with their dads, as it was the weekend.

IMG_8387

Then I decided to test the waters, so to speak and ventured in ever so cautiously.

IMG_8399 - Copy

I took one cautious step…

IMG_8400 - Copy  followed by another…

IMG_8402 - Copy

and then I was off and running…

IMG_8411

After that, there was no stopping me. I couldn’t believe my luck that my parents let me get all drenched in the water.

IMG_8413

There were also some people simply sitting around and watching, coz it is a sure-fire(pun intended) stress buster to watch kids and also some grown ups running around wild in the water fountains.

IMG_8440

At one point my dad told me it was enough and tried to drag me away, but I was having way too much fun to quit just then.

IMG_8405

So I decided to run off and play some more.

IMG_8434

I got thoroughly soaked to my skin and had an absolute blast.

IMG_8450

But as they say, all good things must come to an end, so it was turned off later and although everyone else left, I was the last one standing.

IMG_8451

I was quite perplexed where all the water had vanished to and this is my surprised expression.  However, I am sure I can somehow convince my parents to take me there again and like I said before, be sure to try running in the water fountains once, coz it sure is great fun.

7 comments:

  1. Good start! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaibu, that was the best blog ever...you do have the best strategy to beat the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha i am jealous i wish i could do that too.
    Buwa

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello kaibu bhai....wow you are all big and stuff....i am smiling and laughing watching your pics....kasto ramailo...ama tells me you and your folks are in Korea..hmmmm..where is it? finally ama has decided to come out of hibernation so hopefully i will get to see more of you....nepal chadai auna ani ramailo garum ke

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha that was the best surprise expression ...ever ...u are absolutely adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have dragged your dad .. won't need any convincing next time..:-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments here -